On Tuesday 03 August 2004 14:54, Alex Hogan offered up the following tid-bit
of information :
> However there is a difference between list courtesy and blatant
> aggression.  I understand that there are going to be more newbie's to
> programming here than on most language lists.  Does this mean that they
> don't get the same consideration that those get who it is apparent that
> they have been hacking code for a while?
>
> This is a general list.

And when 'newbies' sign up to this list, they get a copy of the 'Newbie
Guide', with a wealth of information on how to ask smart questions, how to
find answers to common problems, etc.  If they are not going to use that
advice, and just blast the list with an OT question, or one that's been
asked a zillion times, why should we take the time out to help those who
are not going to help themselves?

--
John C. Nichel
ÜberGeek