On Sunday 08 August 2004 01:51 am, Jason Wong wrote:
> On Sunday 08 August 2004 09:38, Andre Dubuc wrote:
> > That's what I thought. But the differences are glaring. Seems like none
> > of the code wants to work. Navigation is a nightmare:
> > header("location:..."); usually brings an error message: function so and
> > so -- include("xxx.php"); has already been declared -- cannot redeclare
> > (yet locally - absolutely no problem!) ??
>
> IIRC older versions of PHP allowed multiple declarations of a function.
> Somewhere along the line this was changed.
>
> --
> Jason Wong -> Gremlins Associates -> www.gremlins.biz
> Open Source Software Systems Integrators
> * Web Design & Hosting * Internet & Intranet Applications Development *
> /*
> God isn't dead.  He just doesn't want to get involved.
> */

Hi Jason et al,

Thought I'd drop a note -- turning register_globals=off on the server in
question magically made everything work.

Now I'll rasie the question that IP manager has asked: "Having
register_globals=of/on should not amke any difference to your site if you are
using $_POST, $_SESSION etc. You must have a bug in your code."

Since exactly the same code works locally with register_globals=on or off, I
suspect the proble is at his end, not in the code. Am I right in assuming
this?

Regards, and thanks fro the help & sugegstions!
Andre

Hi Jason et al,

Thought I'd drop a note -- turning register_globals=off on the server in
question magically made everything work.

Now I'll rasie the question that IP manager has asked: "Having
register_globals=of/on should not amke any difference to your site if you are
using $_POST, $_SESSION etc. You must have a bug in your code."

Since exactly the same code works locally with register_globals=on or off, I
suspect the proble is at his end, not in the code. Am I right in assuming
this?

Regards, and thanks fro the help & sugegstions!
Andre

God isn't dead.  We just don't want to get involved.