Hello there. I was experimenting a bit with the constructors and destructors, and found that this code:

        <?php

        class First
        {
                public function __construct ()
                {
                        echo "Hello, World!\n";
                }

                public function __destruct ()
                {
                        echo "Goodbye, World!\n";

        class Second extends First
        {

        }

        $second = new Second;

?>

Outputs

        Hello, World!
        Goodbye, World!

, yet the PHP manual (http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.decon.php) says:

        Note:  Parent constructors are not called implicitly. In order
        to run a parent constructor, a call to parent::__construct() is
        required.

Is this an error in the manual or in PHP itself? Should I report it somewhere?