On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:04:11 +0200, Daniel Schierbeck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello there. I was experimenting a bit with the constructors and
> destructors, and found that this code:
>
>         <?php
>
>         class First
>         {
>                 public function __construct ()
>                 {
>                         echo "Hello, World!\n";
>                 }
>
>                 public function __destruct ()
>                 {
>                         echo "Goodbye, World!\n";
>                 }
>         }
>
>         class Second extends First
>         {
>
>         }
>
>         $second = new Second;
>
>         ?>
>
> Outputs
>
>         Hello, World!
>         Goodbye, World!
>
> , yet the PHP manual
> (http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.decon.php) says:
>
>         Note:  Parent constructors are not called implicitly. In order
>         to run a parent constructor, a call to parent::__construct() is
>         required.
>
> Is this an error in the manual or in PHP itself? Should I report it
> somewhere?

No, this is not a bug. This means that if you define a new constructor
/ destructor, the parent class's won't be called unless you put it in
the new ones.

--
DB_DataObject_FormBuilder - The database at your fingertips
http://pear.php.net/package/DB_DataObject_FormBuilder

paperCrane --Justin Patrin--