I am running php 5.0.1 on NT.  I have a small test script as shown below

<script language="php">
  setcookie('cat','large',time()+3600);
  setcookie('dog','small',time()+3600);
</script>

The outcome of this script is that only the LAST cookie is successfully stored.despite having a different
name. Is this because they are both being set from within the same script and therefore conflicting with
each other?

How are you tracking whether each cookie is set or not? If you have Mozilla/Firefox installed, you can install the LiveHTTPHeaders extension (http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/) and use it to monitor the request and response headers as you surf this page. You'll be able to see whether both set-cookie headers are being sent to the browser or not along with what cookies the browser is actually sending back.

---John Holmes...