Ave,

I'm facing a little problem.
I have created a File Manager Application for my company which has a place
where authorized users can download the stored files. The files are of
various MIME Types.. Mainly PDF, TXT & DOC.
What I want to do is basically... When the user clicks on the Download
Button... The Save As Dialog Box should appear...
What is happening right now is that the file opens in it's related software
(Word, Acrobat, Notepad etcetera). I don't want the file to open in it's
native software.

I know I need to use the
header ("Content-type: application/octet-stream");
But I don't know how.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.