PHP Junkie wrote:
Ave,

I use the PHP Header directives to create a page which would force-download
the file for the user...

<?php
$file = "$P/$F";
header("Content-Description: File Transfer");
header("Content-Type: application/force-download");
header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".basename($file));
@readfile($file);
?>

What I want is to have this window close automatically once it's launched
the Save As Dialog Box ... I tried several javascript window.close(),
self.close() functions but none of them seem to work. The window wont close.
It remains open.

You wish to close which window? The "Save As" window, or the browser window which launched the "Save As" window?

-- John C. Nichel ÜberGeek KegWorks.com 716.856.9675 [EMAIL PROTECTED]