To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 12:55 PM
Subject: [PHP] PHP4 readdir is_dir working incorrectly?

//PHP4
$dir_to_scan = "website.com/htdocs";
$dir_handle = opendir($dir_to_scan);
while($filename = readdir($dir_handle)){
       if(is_dir($filename)){
               $files_in_scan[] = $filename;
               }
       else{ echo"$filename is not a directory.<br>\n"; }
       }
sort($files_in_scan);
print_r($files_in_scan);

The above script properly reports that ".", "..", and "images" are drwx[directories] by adding them to the $files_in_scan array. HOWEVER, my problem is that there are other directories.. quite a few actually.. and above script will say, as an example:

pdf_directory is not a directory

But I know 'pdf_directory' *is* in fact a directory in 'website.com/htdocs'. Is this a problem with PHP4 or have I somehow 'miscoded' what I'm attempting to do?

Your code is checking if "pdf_directory" is a directly where the scirpt is located instead of "website.com/htdocs/pdf_directory". Add "website.com/htdocs/" to is_dir() and this should work.

---John Holmes...

.

--
Kristopher Spencer-Yates