> This makes absolutely no sense to me. What do you mean by
> submitted? How
> would a PHP script be executed at all if the browser never sends a
> request?

Hah.. I should just let this all go, go home, get some sleep, and start
confusing people again tomorrow, but I want to clarify a little bit.

Imaging you have a URL in a string and you want to find out what
parameters are going to be passed to the script if the URL were to be
called.

<?php
$targeturl =
"http://www.server.com/script.php?somevar=someval&somevar2=someval2";;
?>

Regardless of how this script is called, is there, or is there not a
function that will take that string and pull the values after the "?"
and toss them into an associative array?

> > You understand I'm talking about parsing the URL, not juggling
> > $_GET data, right?
>
> GET data is passed in the query string of the URL. This is what you're
> asking:
>
>     Is there a way to access GET data? Yes, I know about $_GET,
>     but I don't want PHP's help - I want to parse the query
>     string myself. Can PHP help me do this?
>
> I'm not sure how else to explain it, but it seems like you might be
> confused about the GET request method. Is there a reason why you don't
> want to use $_GET?

Did I really type that indented bit?  Yeah, I am kind of out of it
today.  Read above. Maybe that'll clarify my question.

Thanks :)

-TG