Hello,
I'm trying to password protect a page with PHP, using forms and $_POST data
and all that stuff. However, I'm running into problems setting it so that if
the POST is equal to a certain thing, it'll do this or that (using if...else
commands) and also problems with just getting blank pages whenever I use the
if...else commands. I tried this two different ways, illustrated below.

Here is what my original log in page 1 looks like.

<?php
echo <<<_HTML_

<form method="post" action="testing2.php">
Username: <input type="text" name="user">
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>

_HTML_;

?>

This page shows up ok, with the form generating just fine. The problem is
when I get to the action page, testing2.php. Here is that:

<?php

if ($_POST['user']) == me {

echo "it's me!";

} else {

echo "not me";

?>

This page just shows up as blank (after I submit on the log in page). What am
I doing wrong?

Also, I tried putting it all one page using if...else and $_SERVER[PHP_SELF]
like this:

<?php
// print if form was submitted

if ($_POST['user'] {
echo "hey it works";

} else {

// if they are just viewing the page for first time

echo <<<_HTML_

<form method="post" action="$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]">
Username: <input type="text" name="user">
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>

_HTML_;

?>

However, all I get is a blank page on this one as well. What am I doing
wrong?

Help sincerely appreciated,
Andrew