[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

You were right, my display_error function was turned off. I turned it on and get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IS_EQUAL in c:\TSW\pages\testing2.php on line 3

So it isn't working. How do I get to let me make comparisons between the post data and something else? I figure if I can get it so that this will work, it'll be an easy way to password protect my pages...

-Andrew

The syntax is: if (comparison){

You have:

if ($_POST['user']) == me {

Part of your comparison is not inside the parentheses. You need to have:

if ($_POST['user'] == me) {

Also, your string isn't quoted. That's not causing the parse error in this message, but will cause a problem after you fix your parentheses. (e.g., "me").

Janet