I was curious if anyone could help me. I need to write an insert to take
data from a csv file to put into a MySQL db. I am not sure know to parse out
5 items of the string at a time i.e. (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1...etc) so that
the five putted items get inserted everytime. Like:

"insert into products (item,price,rate,name,desc) values (1,2,3,4,5)"

Then on to the next one and so forth.

I am already parsing the file, but not sure if it needs to go into an array
or set to vars then done in a loop.

Please help!

Here is the script so far:

<?
$filename = "inventory.csv";
$fd = fopen ($filename, "r");
$contents = fread ($fd,filesize ($filename));

fclose ($fd);
$delimiter = ",";
$splitcontents = explode($delimiter, $contents);
$counter = "5";
?>
<hr>
<?