I'm having a problem I haven't encountered before. I'm using PHP
4.3.4 (upgrading the 4.3.9, but humor me) on Windows.

I'm using the following code snippet to try to get all the
subdirectories of a directory into an array.

  $maildir=MERCURY."/MAIL";
  $handle=opendir($maildir);
//  echo $handle;
  while ($file = readdir($handle)) {
//  echo $file;
//  echo is_dir($file)."<BR/>";
    if (is_dir($file) && ($file!=".") && ($file!="..")) {
      $users[]=$file;

What this should do (if I'm not a complete idiot), is put all the
true subdirectories (excluding . and ..) into the array $users. There
are two additional subdirectories under the $maildir directory.
However the array is empty. As you can see, I tried echoing out $file
and whether it is a directory, but it came up as not recognizing the
directories as such.

With the echos above in place, I get the resource handle, and it
echos everything you would expect except that is_dir() fails to
recognize the directories.

It DOES recognize . and .. as directories, for some bizarre reason.

And no, I can't switch to linux.

Any ideas?

Mark

=====
Mark Weinstock
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
You can't demand something as a "right" unless you are willing to fight to death to
defend everyone else's right to the same thing.