On Tuesday 28 September 2004 03:54, Mark wrote:

> With the echos above in place, I get the resource handle, and it
> echos everything you would expect except that is_dir() fails to
> recognize the directories.

Because is_dir() expects a path to the file as well, otherwise it would be
trying to look at $file in it's current working directory (cwd) wherever that
may be (most likely not $maildir).

> It DOES recognize . and .. as directories, for some bizarre reason.

Because all directories contain '.' and '..' and hence the cwd of is_dir()
would have those. (BTW '.' and '..' ARE directories).

/*
QOTD:
        I looked out my window, and saw Kyle Pettys' car upside down,
        then I thought 'One of us is in real trouble'.
                -- Davey Allison, on a 150 m.p.h. crash
*/