I know what you mean. Until I decided to kill all but one single echo/print
call, which is in a function I call at the bottom of the script, I often ran
into problems where I needed to echo something at the top of a really really
long control loop, but nested deep within it I had to set a cookie or use a
redirect.

Which is why I killed all my echo/print calls in favor of a single function
which I include at the bottom of my script ;)

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...