MSIE will always (and there doesn't seem to be any way around it)
display its own error page if the error page returned by the server is
smaller than (if I'm remembering correctly) 512 bytes.

(The theory, presumably, being that if you're not going to offer at
least half a kilobyte back, then the browser's built-in error page is
probably more useful.)

> Does someone have an example of how to do this within .htaccess?
> I've tried everything and all I ever get is an Internal Server Error
> when the .htaccess file is in place... :/

I've found that my web server's error logs usually say interesting and
useful things when i get an "Internal Server Error" message.  Any clues
there?

---
Mark Roedel ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  ||  "There cannot be a crisis next week.
Systems Programmer / WebMaster  ||   My schedule is already full."
     LeTourneau University      ||                    -- Henry Kissinger