Hello all!

I have a PHP4 script that produces a text file and I would like that when the user
access this script the text content of it was forced to be saved meaning that when the
user selects it he/she will have the save dialog form to save the text file with the
filename specified in the header function. So far I have managed to create the text
file dynamicaly but still I have to click the browser's save button to save the file
with the determined filename. I wanted it to be forced.

Does anyone know how to do it ?

Here's the code :

<?php

    // Carlos Fernando Scheidecker Antunes : Test saving text files with PHP
    // this sets the content type as being plain text

    header("Content-Type : text/plain; charset=\"iso-8859-1\"");

    // this sets the file name

    header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"test.txt\"");

    // creates the dynamic content of the text file here

    print("TextFile test\r\n\");
    for ($i=1; $i < 100; $i++) {
        print("This is line number ".$i."\r\n");
    }

?>

Thanks,

Carlos Fernando Scheidecker Antunes