Chris W. Parker wrote:
Alex Gemmell <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Monday, February 14, 2005 7:24 AM said:

Hello!

Hi!

Bonjour!

########
# Code:
########

<beingfunnynotmean!>Do you also have a label on your computer that says
"Computer"?</beingfunnynotmean!>

No, but I do have a label that says "My Computer". Close enough, isn't it? ;)

Some questions (because I'm curious):

1. Why would you *not* allow special characters? Wouldn't allowing
special characters make the password stronger?

Agreed.

2. Why are you forcing the password to have all unique characters? I don't think I've ever read this as being a recommendation for strong passwords.

If anything unique characters would make a password less secure (from the perspective of a dictionary attack). Because once you know where the "A" is, and where the "B" is, etc. that only leaves you with the rest of the characters on the next cycle...

Chris.

--
Teach a man to fish...

NEW? | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html