 ob_start();

I have this on my site to allow for mid-page redirects. I have no idea if this is the cause. Just an idea. Perhaps an Apache 2 issue? Can any one else confirm this on Apache 2 / PHP 4.3.10?

Dan T

On Mar 1, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Elizabeth Lawrence wrote:

Thanks, Dan. I copied your code exactly and posted it here:
http://www.tidefans.com/test.php I pasted a large part of O'Henry's "Gift of
the Magi" into the textarea, and it gets repeated, as before.

Thanks for any help,
Elizabeth

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Tappin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 6:59 PM
To: Elizabeth Lawrence
Subject: Re: [PHP] textarea posting duplicate text

Create a new file:

test.php

with this exactly in the contents:

<HTML>
        <HEAD>
                <TITLE>TEST</TITLE>
        </HEAD>

        <BODY>
                <FORM ACTION="test.php" METHOD="post" NAME="test">
                        <TEXTAREA NAME="textarea" ROWS="4"
COLS="40"></TEXTAREA>
                        <P><INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="submitButtonName"></P>
                </FORM>
                <P><? print_r($_REQUEST); ?></P>
        </BODY>

</HTML>

Load the page, enter some text and hit submit.  Rule out some strange
issue with your page.  Confirm it's a PHP issue not a coding one.

Dan T