hold on here,
XML and HTML have, as far as I'm concerned, nothing to do with each other.
I'm using XML to link databases
on the sites I write (with PHP) with disparate databases on other Inernet
servers. A good example would be linking
up with UPS's online rates application server. I send an XML request with
shipment info and get a response XML
file with the pricing, time to delivery, etc..

The tags just tell you what the info between them is. XML is awesome, and
will become very big in the next couple years. You can write all kinds of
business 2 business appz with it.

-dave

""Chris Anderson"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000201c0c501$50264b60$0d1012d1@null">news:000201c0c501$50264b60$0d1012d1@null...
Alright I'll start this out by saying I have a subscription to "Visual Basic
Programmers Journal". Before I converted and realized that I loved PHP so
much I used ASP. Well it seems that in this magazine that XML is a hot topic
in the MS world. I know XML can be used by PHP, but is there a point? I only
know 2 things about it:
1) You can make your own tags:
            <mytag>    </mytag>
2) It's supposedly good for databasing?

If its for databasing, why not just use MySQL( or a variation). Am I missing
something here?