The first thing you need is benchmarking software. Try an internet search
for "webserver performance benchmark". I did it on altavista and got some
good leads.

For instance this one sounds excellant:

http://www.softwareqatest.com/qatweb1.html

It's description is "Listing of 190 web test tools and management tools -
link checking, html validation, load testing, security testing, java
testing, publishing...". Never underestimate the power of the search engine
:)

For the second part, you want a weblog analyzer. I reccommend Analog:

http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/

It has listing for popularity of particular files, directories, etc. Good
stuff. Insanely fast.

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...

9be700$b2d$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9be700$b2d$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...