Quoting Linda H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I added the following to the top of my script:

<?php
  echo phpinfo();
?>

Got all sorts of environment and path info.

In addition to the other excellent suggestions so far, make sure (looking at the phpinfo page, under "Configuration File Path") that your install is using the php.ini file you think it is. I got bit by this (I kept editing the php.ini file in one directory, but it was reading the file from another).

It really does sound like error reporting is turned off.

hth,
Rick

--
Rick Emery