On Sat, November 5, 2005 5:03 pm, Leonard Burton wrote:
> On 11/5/05, Robert Cummings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 14:55, James Benson wrote:
>> > Give smarty a try rather than re-inventing the wheel
>> >
>> > http://smarty.php.net
>
> Reinventing the wheel is much better than either the LGPL or GPL.
> Writing GPL or LGPL code on PHP is just wrong.  Either keep the code
> for your own use or use the PHP license.  Most of the stuff I see that
> is distributed under the [L]*GPL isn't worth much.  If PHP can be
> written under the PHP license why can't small little apps that is
> written in PHP?  I release my code snippets (from time to time) under
> either the PHP or BSD license.

Ooooh, if I fan the flames a little, can we turn this into another
flame war for BOTH CMSes *and* licensing?!  Pretty please???

And let's work in the Nazis somehow, okay?

[that was sarcasm, folks]

Every template engine I've used, I felt like I was being forced to
write code while my hands and arms were wrapped in Taffy.

I don't see any need for another one to be built, but I never saw a
need for the first one either, so there ya go.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm