Hm, that would probably explain it.

I assumed it wasn't it because the programs are so comparitively
small...then again, it's not the size that counts blah blah...

Since it loads so much up at one time rather than a little bit at a time, it
probably eats a huge amount of ram. Forte probably loads the majority of the
JDK, the virtual machine, all it's neccessary system files and the majority
of it's class files, plus any files the user opens/builds.

I suppose Java's lack of programmer defined memory management is probably
the cause, since in other languages the programmer explicitly says what to
load and what to unload.

Ah well, I suppose that's the price of simplicity.

Thanks for your answer. I feel better about Java now...but now I have issues
about the size of my RAM. ;)

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...