Rahul S. Johari wrote:

Ave,

I'm looking into the ZEROFILL option now. Didn't know about it before but it
looks promising and probably is my solution. I'll get back.

Thanks a ton!

On 12/15/05 10:24 AM, "Jim Moseby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Zerofill in mysql will do it. But, many mysql 'clients' don't 'display' the zeros. As best that I remember, phpMyAdmin does show the zeros, so be careful as what you 'see' might not really be what you 'get'. Seems like there are issues with the viewing of this in Excel as well.. Friggin programs that think they are smarter that people!!!!

Anyway, that'll do the mysql side of it for you.

John Hinton