> *sigh* I'm thinking so too ;(
> Doh!
> However, I have at least a usable hack around.
> In the constructor of your class, add:
> function Class ($object_name) {
> global $pge;
> $pge = $object_name;
> }
> Then when you use create a new object of that type you must use:
> $objectname = new Class('objectname');

Heh.  This is exactly what I'm doing as it was the only work around
that I could find, too.

> Then in your code you just use ${$pge}-> to refer to it.

Yup.  However, before I do this, I check to make sure $pge is valid
before I use it.  Otherwise, all kinds of nastiness can occur.

What I'm doing this for is my error reporting class.  I'm using a
wrapper function that calls my class' errorHandler() method since
you cannot specify a class method as the handler function.  Kind
of funky.  But doing this was the only way I could get around it.

> Sucks, doesn't it?

Yup.  But I'm sure there is a reason for it.  Kind of like whatever
the reason is that we cannot actually get a variable's name.

I.E.

$joe = "bob";

we cannot get that the above variable's name is "joe".
Oh, well.

Chris