From: ryan.barnett1 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 11:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] php FTP

Hi there,

I would like to use the PHP FTP functions.
Unfortunately, my webhost hasn't compiled PHP with the FTP extensions.

So, I thought that I might upload the extension myself into my webspace then
call it using the command dl() from within a PHP webpage. That way, I could
(hopefully) get round my webhost - but not in a nasty way ;) !

First of all - will this work?

Secondly, where can I download the PHP extension? My webhost is using Cobalt
RaQ3 (x86 architecture running Linux).
Do I need to download an entire PHP package then extract the extension, or
can I just get the extension by itself.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Ryan
www.more4money.com