You will want to write PHP code to output the java-script. Because the java-script (client side scripting) gets executed without communicating with the server there is no PHP engine that java-script can push the PHP through on the client machine.

So you would want to do something like:

<?PHP
$string = "I want a new pop-up message";
$javascript = "<script>alert( $string )</script>";
echo $javascript;
?>

Karl-Heinz Christian Zeck wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried to modify the file. I removed all it's content and wrote only a
single line:
alert("test");

When I refresh the main page, I get the alert message - this means the file
was loaded successfuly.

Then I tried this code: alert("<?php echo 'test';?>");

This way it doesn't work, no alert message, so the file wasn't loaded.

Any ideas?

Thanks!