On Wed, May 10, 2006 11:09 am, Phillip S. Baker wrote:
> James Nunnerley wrote:
> However you can set the max file size within the <form> tag of HTML.
> I forget the proper snytax and tag off the top of my head.
> I am not sure the error it spits out as I have never tested that.
> you can also use javascript or the like to check the file size.

AFAIK, the browsers never did get around to using this to do anything
useful with it...

It is a weird sort of check, from those halcyon days when users didn't
do things like hack POST data to try and break your server...

So, pretty much, it's a useless bit of cruft, really.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm