At 8:42 PM +0100 10/23/06, Stut wrote:
Rob Kritzer wrote:
Is it possible to FTP a folder and all it's content? I can do a file at a
time, but not a folder.

Also there is times when I will not know the folder name, so I would like it
to just upload everything it finds in the folder I set.

Is this possilbe?

Yes[1][2].

-Stut

[1] http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
[2] There is no function to upload a folder, but it's quite easy to code. Check out http://php.net/glob and/or http://php.net/readdir

-Stut:

Perhaps I'm confused (certainly could be), but I think the OP is asking for a way to upload multiple files from a desktop folder to a server (client-side to sever-side) by just selecting the desktop (client-side) folder.

Maybe I should read [1] a little closer, but I did read [2] and I don't see where one can use php to open a folder on a desktop, read its contents, and then upload the files therein. However, I do see a way to upload individual files, but not multiple files _unless_ the user selects them one at a time and then uploads them consecutively via a loop. But, that still requires the user to select the files individually and not the folder that contains them.

I certainly can read the contents of a folder on the server, but I don't see how you can do it client-side.

Now, am I right, or do you have a way to do this?

Thanks.

tedd
--
-------