On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 01:05 -0500, Beauford wrote:
> This is what I finally figured out, which works just perfectly.
>
> select count(date) as count, substring(date,8) as year from stats group by
> year;
>
> Thanks to all for the input.

So what you're saying is that you're not using a date field, you're
using some kind of string concoction where the year information happens
to start at the 8th character? Now that gets me wondering what kind of
freaky date format you've used :) I mean I could naturally see the 5th
or 7th character being the start point for the year using the following
formats respectively:

    ddmmyyyy

    dd/mm/yyyy

But you're grabbing from the 8th character onwards which just seems
wierd.

Cheers,
Rob.