On 11/8/06, tedd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 12:48 AM -0500 11/8/06, Travis Doherty wrote:
>This can be a big problem to some apps, and others might be fine with
>the workaround like we've done where you loose a tiny bit of data (It's
>08:00 on the day after the timechange, is this ticket from 01:30:00  6.5
>or 7.5 hours old? who cares.. just reply.)

and

At 9:53 PM -0600 11/7/06, Richard Lynch wrote:
>This time zone stuff always gets me head all spun around, I admit freely.

You're not alone.

What about just using what we did in the service, namely Zulu?

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/MAEL/ag/zulu.htm

At least that points to a common datum for all time related issues.

I just wonder how they came up with the acronym of "UTC" for
Coordinated Universal Time?

Best,

tedd

--