Goto SquirrelMail <http://www.squirrelmail.org/> and search for the
"Infamous IE with SSL bug" (their wording).
If I remember correctly it has to do with IE not implementing correctly
HTTP/1.1 protocol (so you have to switch to HTTP/1.0 whenever an IE
browser hits you) and something about the cache of SSL sessions (...and
I don't remember what you should do in that case).
-Stathis.