-----Original Message-----
From: Vinicius C Silva [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 January 2007 02:54
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] most powerful php editor

hi everyone!

i'd like to ask something maybe commonly asked here. what is the most
powerful php editor?

=================================

There've been lots of good replies to this, and I figured I'll add my 2c

I spent several months trying out many editors and IDE's on the Windows
platform about 3 years ago - all the usual suspects, most have been
mentioned in other replies - and settled on Nusphere's PHPEd (an IDE rather
than an editor). Every year when it comes time to renew my license (which I
had to do 2 weeks ago) I look at what else is available and new, try out the
latest versions of some of the candidates that made it to my short list, and
then renew my license anyway because it's worth every cent and because for
me there's nothing that matches it. There are lots of good editors and a few
good IDE's, but every one I tried had some or other niggle that put me off:
buggy software, slow performance, missing or shallow functionality, bitty
integration, etc. Nusphere's PHPEd was the 2nd most expensive (at the time)
but it hit the sweet spot and I've never regretted buying it. A bonus was
finding that the response from the support forum was good, and updates are
regular and stable and meaningful. A real bonus was finding that the most
recent license renewal is now valid for 3 years instead of 1 year. So I'll
only be looking at the competition again in 3 years time - unlike Stut I
hope this question is asked at least once a year because I'd like to hear
what's new.

For me the analogy goes something like this: if you type the occasional
letter or note then Wordpad is perfectly adequate, but if your livelihood is
churning out professional well-formatted heavy-weight documents then it pays
you to invest in a top-class word processor and supporting tools. The same
goes for an IDE.

Arno