Hi,

I have a very complex script that is being called by a running deamon that
doesn't have any shell. To simplify it I make this script, that is also
failing:

#/thepathtophp

<?php

exec("ls -lrt", $stdout, $exitcode);

if($exitcode!=0) {

            echo "Command ls -lrt could not be executed correctly. Exit
code: $exitcode\n";

} else {

            echo "Result:\n";

            foreach($stdout AS $line) {

                        echo $line."\n";

?>

This code give the exit code -1 that is equal to that "ls -lrt" could not be
executed.

Running this from shell give correct result.

Executing it from a web page (thru apache) gives correct result.

But the "shell less" deamon is giving the -1 exit code.

Is exec requiring a shell? Any workaround on this? I will play around, maybe
something like system() or passthru() will do it, but I haven't tested that
yet, want to get some feedback first.

Best regards,

Peter Lauri

 <http://www.dwsasia.com/> www.dwsasia.com - company web site