On 3/22/07, Roman Neuhauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
# markw@mohawksoft.com / 2007-03-22 08:49:59 -0400:
> Tijnema ! wrote:
>
> > On 3/22/07, Roman Neuhauser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid
> >
> > Note that this doesn't gonna work when safe mode is on..!

Ralf S. Engelschall's OSSP UUID library wrapped in a PHP extension
(shipped with the library) won't work in safe mode? How's that?

I quote the wrong guy i think, i meant to quote this
If you are running Linux, you can get this using:
   $GUID =  exec("uuidgen");
As this is using the exec function, which doesn't work with safe mode on.

> Generating a psudo-random unique key doesn't seem to be something PHP does
> well. I can post an extension this afternoon if anyone wants to use it.

I'm curious.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.