Ave,

I think I did it! I created a sharepoint within my web server (inside my
website) and mounted the share on that sharepoint. Once I did that, I
specified correct paths and my downloads are now working. I created a ³jump
menu² select list and this is what I¹ve come up with:

    <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
    function openVox(form) {
        var newIndex = form.voxSelect.selectedIndex;
        if (newIndex == 0) {
            //alert( "Please select a file to download!" );
        } else {
            dlvox = form.voxSelect.options[newIndex].value;
            window.location.assign(dlvox);
    </SCRIPT>
    <FORM NAME="voxForm" STYLE="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">
    <SELECT NAME="voxSelect"  onChange="openVox(this.form)">
    <OPTION>... Choose Recording ...</OPTION>
    <?php
    exec("find /Library/WebServer/Documents/website.com/folder/vox -type f
-name ".$row['PHONE']."*.vox", $files);
    foreach ($files as $value) {
    echo "<OPTION
VALUE='vox/".basename($value)."'>".basename($value)."</option>";
    }
    ?>
    </SELECT>
    </FORM>

Now it¹s able to pull up filenames associated with a record using it¹s phone
number and the wildcard method suggested previously, and a user can select
the file from a drop down and it comes up for Download. Perfect!

Thanks!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rahul Sitaram Johari
CEO, Twenty Four Seventy Nine Inc.

W: http://www.rahulsjohari.com
E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

³I morti non sono piu soli ... The dead are no longer lonely²

>> Ave,
>>
>> I¹m going to try creating the sharepoint within my webserver, as suggested
>> by you and tijnema. I think that¹s probably the easiest and quickest
>> solution to this. I¹ll report back!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> On 3/29/07 4:48 PM, "Daniel Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>>     Rahul,
>>>
>>>     Your best bet in this case, with the most minimal coding, would be to
>>> either symlink the individual files into a web-accessible directory, or
>>> symlink the directory containing those files into a web-accessible location.
>>> However, this part would be up to you, determinable by your current system
>>> configuration and potential security risks ( e.g. - the directory is also
>>> the
>>> parent directory for information needing to remain secure, so we don't want
>>> symlink the directory).
>>>
>>>     Another option would be to read the file through a script and output it
>>> sending a MIME type prior to the data output, placing the name of the file
>>> on
>>> the server into the output bugger head so that the user would see it simply
>>> as
>>> a direct download.

href='/Users/rjohari/Documents/XFER/osm/ESPI/".basename($value)."'>".basena>>>>