On 4/16/07, Ford, Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 14 April 2007 13:16, Afan Pasalic wrote:

> Tijnema ! wrote:
> > On 4/14/07, Afan Pasalic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > function value2var($array, $print=0)
> > > {
> > >    foreach ($_POST as $key => $value)
> >
> > I think you should change above line to :
> >
> >    foreach ($array as $key => $value)
> yup! it's print error. I meant $array.
> > >    {
> > >        ${$key} = $value;
> > >        echo ($print ==1) ? $key.': '.$value.'<br>';     // to test
> > > results and seeing array variables and values
> > >    }
> > > }
> > >
> > > value2var($_POST, 1);
> > >
> > > but, I don't know how to get info from function back to
> > > script?!?!? :-(
> >
> > Uhm, it's not even possible when you don't know the keys i believe.
> after 2 hours of testing and research I realized this too, but want
> to be sure. :-(

If you really *must* do this yourself (but others have pointed out the folly of
it), this would do it:

function value2var($array)
{
   foreach ($array as $key => $value)
   {
       $GLOBALS['$key'] = $value;

What's the sense in above function? you're putting the variables from
1 array in another...
you could use array_merge for this.
But even then it's quite useless...

... or, alternatively, rather than defining you own function, use extract()
(http://php.net/extract) with one of the overwrite safety options to avoid
blobbing existing variables.

That's a better idea. :)

Personally, I'd never do this in any form -- if I do it at all, I extract
specific indices of the array with code like:

 foreach (array('name', 'address', 'email', 'setting1', 'setting2') as $key):
   $GLOBALS[$key] = $array[$key];
 endforeach;

endforeach? never heard of that statement before, does it really exist in PHP?

... making certain, of course, that those values get properly validated
elsewhere.

Cheers!

Mike

Sure, you should always validate your variables, but i would recommend
to only get the variables from $_GET/$_POST that you actually gonna
need, and not just everything.

Tijnema