Hi,

I need to find a solution to this.  I am lost.  To see what I talk about
check vvmm.net/search.php3.  I am using php 4 offline.  Based on whatever
the viewer select I get the below script to build the select statements
accordingly.  Everything is working fine now.  I want to add another
feature where, if the viewer search for a particular city that has
no record I need to display all the cities for that country selected as
alternative choices.  The problem is trying to re-build the select
statements.  I have reduced the checking as the script is too long, but
checking the link earlier mentioned would give an idea.  Each table has a
countryid (contid) and cityid (cityid).   Here is the code, a pls do give
me a clue:)

TIA

Adrian

$tdate = date(Y . "-" . m . "-" . d);

// build search query
if ($vsearch == "c" || $vsearch == "v" || $vsearch == "l") {
$searchStmt = "select ";
}

// get the correct table

switch ($vsearch) {
        case "z":
//  this exec only if no choice is selected.
                $searchStmt .= "";
                break;

        case "c":
//  Select vvmmdb table.  Catalog Choice
                $searchStmt .= "city.city as destinazione, vvmmdb.days,
vvmmdb.periodo, vvmmdb.vitofferta, vvmmdb.curr1 as curr2, vvmmdb.url,
vvmmdb.stars, vvmmdb.club, vvmmdb.tcode from vvmmdb,city where ";
//              DisplayErrMsg("Catalog Data");
//              exit();
                break;

        case "v":
//      Select special table.  Vitofferta
                $searchStmt .= "city.city as destinazione,
special.periodo, special.date2, special.catalogo, special.hf,
special.curr2, special.vitofferta,special.fh, special.club, special.stars
from special,city where ";
                break;

        case "l":
//      Select travel table.  Last Minute
                $searchStmt .= "travel.tour_operator, city.city as
destinazione, travel.nome_hotel, travel.periodo, travel.notti,
travel.giorni, travel.trattamento, travel.curr2,
travel.vitofferta,travel.club, travel.stars from travel,city
where ";
                break;
        case "a":
//      select all tables and query.
                $searchStmt .= "select travel.tour_operator, city.city as
destinazione, travel.nome_hotel, travel.periodo, travel.notti,
travel.giorni, travel.trattamento, travel.curr2,
travel.vitofferta,travel.club, travel.stars from travel,city where ";
                $searchStmt1 .= "select city.city as destinazione,
special.periodo, special.date2, special.catalogo, special.hf,
special.curr2, special.vitofferta, special.fh,special.club,special.stars
from special,city where ";
                $searchStmt2 .= "select city.city as destinazione,
vvmmdb.days,
vvmmdb.periodo, vvmmdb.vitofferta, vvmmdb.curr1, vvmmdb.url, vvmmdb.stars,
vvmmdb.club, vvmmdb.tcode from vvmmdb,city where ";
                break;

        default:
                DisplayErrMsg("Error");
                break;
}

// Check if destinazione has been entered
if ($dest) {
switch ($vsearch) {
        case "z":
              $searchStmt .= "";
                break;
        case "c":
//  Select vvmmdb table.  Catalog Choice
                $searchStmt .= "vvmmdb.cityid=$citycode and ";
                break;

        case "v":
//      Select special table.  Vitofferta
                $searchStmt .= "special.cityid=$citycode and ";
                break;

        case "l":
//      Select travel table.  Last Minute (travel & flight)
                $searchStmt .= "travel.cityid=$citycode and ";
                break;

        case "a":
//      select all tables and query.
// Check if destinazione has been entered
if ($dest) {
switch ($vsearch) {
        case "z":
              $searchStmt .= "";
                break;
        case "c":
//  Select vvmmdb table.  Catalog Choice
                $searchStmt .= "vvmmdb.cityid=$citycode and ";
                break;

        case "v":
//      Select special table.  Vitofferta
                $searchStmt .= "special.cityid=$citycode and ";
                break;

        case "l":
//      Select travel table.  Last Minute (travel & flight)
                $searchStmt .= "travel.cityid=$citycode and ";
                break;

        case "a":
//      select all tables and query.
        //      $searchStmt .= "destinazione like '%$destinazione%' and ";
        //      $searchStmt1 .= "destinazione like '%$destinazione%' and
";
                $searchStmt .= "travel.cityid=$citycode and ";
                $searchStmt1 .= "special.cityid=$citycode and ";
                $searchStmt2 .= "vvmmdb.cityid=$citycode and ";
        default:
                //DisplayErrMsg("Error");
                break;
   }

} else {
        $searchStmt .= "";
        $searchStmt1 .= "";
        $searchStmt2 .= "";
}

============= I removed the other code and gave the ending -==============

$stmt = substr($searchStmt, 0, strlen($searchStmt)-4);
$stmt1 = substr($searchStmt1, 0, strlen($searchStmt1)-4);
$stmt2 = substr($searchStmt2, 0, strlen($searchStmt2)-4);