Hi, I would like to check whether a variable, $type, is equal to a
number of different possible states. I know I could use
if ( $type == "abc" || $type == "bcd") { $a = b }
but this would get a bit clumsy if I had to check whether it is say
one of 20 different things.

What I was wondering is, is there a better way of doing this? I will
occasionally need to add another option as well, although I don't mind
a simple code edit.

Cheers for your help,  Donald
As well as learning more,
I learn that there is even more I don't know

http://www.donaldrnoble.f2s.com
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ