A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion.
Q: Why is top posting bad?

This explains everything ^^^

First, funny that you say that from a Gmail account, where top-posting is
encouraged by the mail system.

All email clients I know reply at top, but one single click and it's done :)
And it's not only top posting, it's also good to comment at specific
parts of somebody's else reply, and write your comment under that, and
not at the top of your message.

Second, and not to get into a big discussion about top vs bottom posting, but I
top-post because typically if I'm involved in a conversation, I know what's
been said already and don't want to scroll past a ton of it to get to the meat.
 To me, an original message is included in a reply as a quick reference as to
what's being replied to and a reminder of what's been said.

Yes, but if we have quite long topics, and you refer to some piece of
tekst in the middle of it, then we need to guess where you are talking
about?

The people top-posting probably screws the most are the daily digest readers.
But even then, if a reply is properly trimmed, then it shouldn't matter if it's
top or bottom posted.

Doesn't help that ePrompter (little app I use to check many pop3 and web based emails) has
primative original email handling where it won't indent with ">" or anything,
pretty much forcing you to top-post if you use it to reply.

All i can say:
Get a decent mail client.

I prefer top posting and don't know why there's so much animosity against it.
When I open an email, the first thing I want to see is what someone said in
that email.  If I need a reminder of what was already said, or clarification on
what they're replying to exactly, then I can scroll down.

-TG

Maybe for you, but when I open a thread, it's nice to start reading
from the beginning of the thread huh? And when you didn't read the
where he's replying to?
If you're top posting then everyone would need to scroll down first,
and then read the post from bottom to top :S

Tijnema