Richard Davey wrote:
First off, I'd like to know where you got that 2,000 number.  Closest I
could find was 456 on TPB, and I'm guessing that's 456 people that have
downloaded the torrent. Not necessarily 456 that have completely downloaded the book.

I didn't post that figure, but it doesn't matter if the actual numbers
are 2000 or just 2, it doesn't change a thing.

I posted the figure 2,000. There are two listings on that site for my book, "PHP Solutions". One has been downloaded 457 times. The other has been downloaded 1,626 times. Although I'm delighted that my book has proved so popular, I would be even more delighted to get some financial reward for my efforts.

Fortunately, a lot of honest people have bought legal copies, but certainly not enough to put me in the fat-cat league. :(

David Powers