On 7/24/07, Richard Davey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

> On 7/24/07, Richard Davey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> *Never* put PHP DLLs into the Windows System folder.
>> It's neither required, nor sensible.
>>
>> Keep them where they belong - in your PHP folder.
>>

>     Heh.... which is why I prefer to stick with what I know.... which
> is not so much with Windows servers, to be honest.

It's not just you - there are "tutorials" and mailing list posts all
over the net that impart the same advice. So I'm not surprised that
you recommended it, you probably picked it up as a byproduct of
someone else's flawed recommendation long ago :)

As a Linux person - think of the absolute *last* possible root only
place that you could ever stick a PHP library into, with the most risk
to security possible. That is the equivalent of C:\Windows\System.

   /me nods.

   Makes perfect sense to me when you put it that way.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272