On Fri, July 27, 2007 10:31 am, Holografix wrote:
> I need to access some custom and native Java classes from php.
> I've tried the steps form php manual and php-javabridge from sf but I
> always
> get an apache crash.
> I don't need to run servlets and it's impossible to start servlet
> engine in
> the server (project requirements).
>
> The tutorials i've found are outdated (old php-javabridge versions)
> and
> refer to some files that no longer exists.
>
> If someone can point the right direction I would like to see the
> solution.
>
> I'm using win xp pro sp2, php 5.2.3, java 1.6.0_02.

If you mean you tried this:
http://php.net/java
and it crashed, then post a bug report here:
http://bugs.php.net/

If you haven't tried that, try it. :-)

That said, I don't see how you could possibly access Java without
running Java... But maybe servelets is something separate from the
monolithic Java already running?

You might also consider taking a step back and writing a Java program
that uses SOAP/RPC/??? to provide the info PHP needs via HTTP instead
of trying to get PHP and Java to play nice together at the binary
level...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?