On 8/10/07, Kevin Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I doubt this, but is there any way to determine via PHP if a browser
> was refreshed automatically via a META tag vs the person clicking the
> refresh button?
>
> --
> Kevin Murphy

Normally not, unless you add an extra GET item to the META tag, for example:
content="1;http://www.domain.com/dir/site.php?foo=bar&meta_refresh=yes";>

But this would only work once, as you get redirected to there.
You can add a counter if you want, and keep track of the number of
times it has been redirected to META, in comparison to the one before.

content="1;http://www.domain.com/dir/site.php?foo=bar&meta_refresh=1";>
and when the new page load, check whether the value is the same as the
through META)

Tijnema

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info