Hi,

I'm very grateful for your help (thanks to everybody!), but maybe I didn't explain myself correctly, I'm sorry. What I need is the bot to log onto the server and, being logged as a user, to send some periodic messages on a channel (<Bot> Hello!) while listening for events and reacting consequentially (<User> !say Hi <Bot> Hi), so running two parallel scripts that connect separately won't do. A friend of mine suggested me a solution: he said that maybe two php scripts could "share" the same connection to the irc server so that while the first one processes the events, the second one acts in background, is it possible?
The script already runs via terminal, anyway, on Linux (Debian)