btw, have people tried apc 1.0.9 with php-4.0.5? apc runs fine
for some of my scripts (though performance improvement is not
great at all, or am i doing something wrong). but for some of
my more complex scripts, it crashes the httpd binary with
segfaults.

btw, can you just take the compiled cache file and distribute
it? does the file need to be run with apc also? or can the
plain zend engine handle it?

steve