Dear List,

I have a problem working with shmop_open() in a Solaris environment. The
following cli-script works fine, except shmod_open returns a warning 'unable
to attach or create shared memory segment':

<?php
$sem = "/tmp/" . rand() . ".sem";
touch ($sem);
echo "sem $sem \n";

$sem_key = ftok($sem, 'w');
echo "sem_key $sem_key \n";

if ($sem_key == -1) { die ("ftok error"); }

$shm_id = shmop_open($sem_key, "w", 0644, 1);
echo "shm_id $shm_id\n";
?>

I checked the $sem_key with the Solaris ipcs command. The file exists and
the read/write rights are correct. I tried explictly to call shmop_open with
the right key - the error message remains the same.

Checking out different access mode like "r" does not succeed too. In the
Xdebug output, php changes the value 0644 to 420, i.e.
shmop_open(1258300033, 'w', 420, 1). Of course, I compiled php with
--enable-shmop.

Does anyone has an idea what I might also check?

Thanks in advance,
Rolf_