On Thu, December 6, 2007 2:44 am, Rolf_ wrote:
> I have a problem working with shmop_open() in a Solaris environment.
> The
> following cli-script works fine, except shmod_open returns a warning
> 'unable
> to attach or create shared memory segment':
>
> <?php
> $sem = "/tmp/" . rand() . ".sem";
> touch ($sem);
> echo "sem $sem \n";
>
> $sem_key = ftok($sem, 'w');
> echo "sem_key $sem_key \n";
>
> if ($sem_key == -1) { die ("ftok error"); }
>
> $shm_id = shmop_open($sem_key, "w", 0644, 1);
> echo "shm_id $shm_id\n";
> ?>
>
> I checked the $sem_key with the Solaris ipcs command. The file exists
> and
> the read/write rights are correct. I tried explictly to call
> shmop_open with
> the right key - the error message remains the same.
>
> Checking out different access mode like "r" does not succeed too. In
> the
> Xdebug output, php changes the value 0644 to 420, i.e.
> shmop_open(1258300033, 'w', 420, 1). Of course, I compiled php with
> --enable-shmop.
>
> Does anyone has an idea what I might also check?

Perhaps the 0644 needs to be expressed in some other way?

I know it works fine that way for chmod and friends, so I wouldn't
expect it, but...

Or maybe 420 *IS* the right value, and you're on a red herring.

Try Googling for the error message and Solaris if you haven't done
that yet.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?