Hi all,

I have a list of email addresses pulled from a database and I want to send
out an email to all of them  (they are the registered users of this
particular site). For the first issue of the newsletter I expect to have
about 4000 people, but that will probably go up significantly in future
issues.

I can do the sending email normally and extraction of addresses, but my
question was really a more general one.
Is there anything I should be doing different when sending to so many?
Is it better to send a load of addresses altogether (in bcc for example) for
each mail call? how many?
or is it better to use a mail call for each address? I did a few quick speed
test and mail seemed to be very fast. I guess this way would have the
advantage of being able to personallise for each person.
And is there a possibility that my mails would be blocked my some kind of
spam filtering system? Its not I might add!

Any advice and past experience would be very welcome.

BTW, my system is apache on linux, php 4.0.4pl1 running on a cobalt raq.

Thanks in advance

Tom Carter
Web Architect
roundcorners ltd.